Join the Stratagem Team
At Stratagem, we put great importance on building relationships of trust with our clients, the business community, and internally amongst colleagues. This is instilled into everything we do and how we behave as a culture. We’re proud of our collaborative work environment, where team members are encouraged to challenge themselves and share their experience and expertise with others. Our clients benefit from our creative, team-oriented, entrepreneurial approach, getting exceptional service powered by great thinking.
Whether you’re looking for your first job, ready for a mid-career change, or an industry veteran, you want a company that is invested in you and your success. Think Stratagem is right for you? Interested in learning more? We offer exciting career opportunities for skilled candidates who fit our culture and values and are ready to advance their career.
Stratagem, an established Lakewood CPA and professional service firm, is looking for an energetic, service-oriented Accounting & Auditing Staff with 1-3 years of related experience. The selected candidate will join an experienced Audit & Accounting department with team members who will dedicate time to your training and development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform assigned tasks with supervision
- Follow instructions
- Complete work assignments on a timely basis
- Review own work for obvious errors
- Recognize when assistance is needed and ask for help promptly
- Develop preparer-level proficiency on accounting and audit engagements
- Become proficient in implantation of client accounting systems
- Work toward passing the CPA exam and becoming a licensed CPA
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Licensed CPA, or qualified to sit for the CPA exam in Colorado
- Desired Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounting firm or similar industry background
- Technology-savvy, including experience working in a paperless environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with specific A&A platforms, such as ProSytem fx
Stratagem PC has been a respected Colorado-based CPA and consulting firm since 1983, specializing in providing tax preparation and tax planning, audit and accounting services, estate planning, cash management, business succession planning and advisory services to businesses and high net worth individuals.
Stratagem is a core-values driven organization. We focus on honoring commitments to ourselves and our clients through open communication and good collaboration. Stratagem has the latest in technology and processes to create efficiency and simplify the lives of our clients. We honor and appreciate a unique relationship with our clients, built on a foundation of trust.
We offer salary and bonus opportunities comparable to other larger firms in the Denver market because we are committed to building our team with people at the top of their game. Our benefits include health, vision, and disability insurance, matching 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays — and our office is closed on Fridays during the summer!
If you would like to be considered for this position, your resume must be accompanied by a cover letter that tells us more about WHO you are than WHAT you have done. Also include your compensation history and requirements in either your resume or your cover letter. No recruiters, please.