Stratagem PC has been a respected Colorado-based CPA and consulting firm since 1983, specializing in providing tax preparation and tax planning, audit and accounting services, estate planning, cash management and client accounting, business succession planning, and advisory services to businesses and high-net-worth individuals.
Stratagem is a core values driven environment. We focus on honoring commitments to ourselves and our clients through open communication and good collaboration. Stratagem has the very latest in technology and processes to create efficiency and simplify the lives of our clients. We honor and appreciate a unique relationship with each of our clients.
We offer salary and bonus opportunities comparable to other larger firms in the Denver market because we are committed to building our team with people at the top of their game. Our benefits include group medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, safe harbor 401(k) contributions, unlimited discretionary time off and holiday time — and our office is closed on Fridays during the summer!
We are looking for an energetic, service-oriented Audit Manager with 6+ years of public accounting experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- A trusted advisor to our clients by being solution oriented to enhance their life and business, which includes providing compliance and consulting services to clients.
- Has client engagement management responsibility, which includes efficient and timely completion of projects, effective management of client expectations and delivery dates, supervision of deadlines, matching appropriate skill levels to assignments, and billing projects.
- Has client relationship management responsibility, which includes understanding client’s goals, ensuring the firm and all services offered to clients are exceeding the client’s expectations and that we are truly their trusted advisor.
- Negotiates fees, contracts, establishes realistic and achievable delivery dates, and appropriately scopes engagements and projects.
- Develops and enhances an effective team environment through leading with collaboration, cooperation and seeks a continuous learning and development environment.
- Has a growth mindset with a willingness to contribute and lead with a continuous improvement attitude.
- Supervise, develop and mentor team members to be successful future firm leaders.
- Cultivates and enhances relationships with their professional or community involvement to build their network to add value to clients and gain new clients.
- Bring ideas and perspectives to the department and firm to drive strategy and direction.
- Contribute to the overall success of the firm by being a leader of leaders to continue to enhance the firm and team member across lines of service.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate
- Masters in Tax is considered a plus, but is not required
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- Experience in the audit department of an accounting firm or similar industry background
- Experience working with closely held businesses and related ownership groups
- Working in a paperless environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Strong relationship and client service skills