Stratagem has been a respected Colorado-based CPA and consulting firm since 1983, specializing in providing tax preparation and tax planning, audit and accounting services, estate planning, cash management, business succession planning and advisory services to businesses and high net worth individuals.
Stratagem operates in a core-values driven environment. We focus on honoring commitments to ourselves and our clients through open communication and good collaboration. Stratagem has the latest in technology and processes to create efficiency and simplify the lives of our clients. We honor and appreciate a unique relationship with each of our clients.
We offer salary and bonus opportunities comparable to larger firms in the Denver market because we are committed to building our team with people at the top of their game. Our benefits include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, unlimited discretionary time off — and our office is closed on Fridays during the summer!
We are seeking a motivated, service-oriented Client Accountant to join our team.
Job Requirements: The successful candidate will:
- Be an expert in payroll processing and preparation of payroll tax returns, and possess at least two years’ experience in this area, working with multiple clients
- Have at least two years’ experience in full-cycle bookkeeping
- Be capable of working on multiple clients each month
- Be familiar with the preparation of Sales and Use Tax returns
- Be computer literate with an aptitude for learning new software; have a skill level of at least intermediate in QuickBooks and Excel
- Enjoy learning new skills in a fast-paced, high-performing environment
- Be able to prioritize client work to meet deadlines
- Exhibit a professional attitude and appearance
- Be able to work independently
- Pay exceptional attention to detail
- Complete project work as well as routine tasks
- Be able to quickly switch gears to attend to work that is urgent
- Interact in a professional and timely manner with clients and firm staff
- Bookkeeping and client accounting including A/P, A/R, and account reconciliations
- Payroll and payroll tax returns
- Sales and use tax returns
- General Ledger review and adjusting entries
- Client financial statement preparation for review by a CPA